1. TUNING KNOBS: Each knob tunes the button/key directly below it. Pitch range is a little over 2.5 octaves.
2. PERFORMANCE BUTTONS/KEYS: Use these to change the pitch of the sound recorded to tape, the same way you would play keys on a keyboard. Tuned with the knob directly above it.
3. FORCE SENSITIVE VOLUME CONTROL: The harder this is pressed, the louder the audio gets. Controls whatever is plugged into the “IN” jack.
4. ATTACK / RELEASE: Increases the attack and release response of the Force Sensitive Volume Control as the knob is turned clockwise.
5. POWER LED
6. AUDIO INPUT: 3.5mm jack - Connect this to the cassette player’s Headphone output using a mono (TS) 3.5mm cable. You can also plug in any external audio source and control its volume with the Force Sensitive Volume Control or Gate Input.
7. TAPE SPEED OUTPUT: 3.5mm jack - Connect this to the cassette player’s Tape Speed input (silver jack) using a mono (TS) 3.5mm cable.
8. CV INPUT: 3.5mm jack - Control the pitch of the tape’s sound from a linear (non-quantized) CV sequencer, such as the Korg SQ-1 (5V Max).
9. GATE INPUT: 3.5mm jack - Plug in the Gate Output from a CV sequencer to gate the audio being fed into the “IN” jack.
10. POWER SUPPLY INPUT: Use only the 3V center positive wall adapter supplied with the unit in order to avoid any damage to circuitry.
11. AUDIO OUTPUT: 1/4" jack - Plug this into an amplifier, external effects, etc.
12. PITCH RIBBON INPUT: 3.5mm jack - (see DIY instructions below)
OM-1 CASSETTE PLAYER / RECORDER
• When recording onto a cassette, plug a line level signal into the Mic jack and set REC TIME to “normal”
• Set the input level from your source, as the cassette recorder has no record level control
• When playing the OM-1, set REC TIME to “double”
• Runs on 2 AA batteries (not included)